Shrimp in Tamarid and Coconut Cream. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Shrimp And On eBay.
Prepare shrimp: Coarsely chop coconut and transfer half to a shallow soup bowl or pie plate. Whisk together flour, beer, baking soda, salt, cayenne, and egg in a small bowl until smooth. Pour coconut milk and any residual marinade over shrimp, add curry leaves and stir once or twice. You can have Shrimp in Tamarid and Coconut Cream using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp in Tamarid and Coconut Cream
- Prepare 1 lbs of shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- Prepare 500 ml of water.
- It’s 44 grams of Tamarind mix.
- You need 1 cup of radish, sliced.
- You need 1 cup of tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of onions, sliced.
- You need 2 pieces of siling haba (green chili).
- It’s 1 of thumb-size ginger, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 400 ml of Coconut cream.
- Prepare Pinch of cayenne powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar or 1 tbsp of fish sauce for taste.
Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Cook the sauce over medium-high heat for about five minutes to allow the flavors to combine. Stir in the heavy cream and bring the sauce to a low simmer. Creamy Coconut Shrimp Curry with Shredded Coconut, Coconut Milk, Heavy Cream and a dash of essential spices makes for an appetizing meal.
Shrimp in Tamarid and Coconut Cream instructions
- Put tomatoes, ginger, onions, chili in the pot with water. Heat over medium heat. Add vinegar or fish sauce. Bring to boil..
- Add coconut cream and radish. Stir for about a minute or when the radish is soft..
- Add shrimp and Tamarind mix. Continue to stir until shrimp changes color and cooked through. Check the sauce if it's thickened..
- Season with cayenne powder. Serve hot..
Place prepped shrimp in a medium bowl, and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the ginger, garlic, turmeric, ground cumin, tamarind paste, fish sauce and serrano chiles, and mix to coat well. Heat coconut oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and skewer. Pour the reserved marinade into a skillet.