Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE. Take a large pan, pour in the olive oil and butter (optional), turn it up to a medium heat. When the pan is warm throw in the onions. Keep stirring the onions until soft, then tip in the potatoes, stirring well so all the butter goodness covers them.
A perfect soup for any time of the year it's so easy! Add bay leaf, onion, carrot stick, celery, and garlic. Mix in ham, bay leaf, and split peas. You can have Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare Knob of butter optional.
- You need 2 of large onions finely diced.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes peeled & diced.
- You need 1 kg of frozen peas.
- Prepare 2 litres of really good ham or pork stock.
- You need of (I make my own from I ham hock).
- It’s 600 grams of good quality ham.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of large tbs of creme fraiche (optional).
Pour in chicken stock and water. Add the ham hock and ham and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown. In a medium pot, saute onions in oil. Add the split peas, ham bone, and enough water to cover ingredients; season with salt and pepper.
Emilys Pea and Ham soup EASY PEASEY RECIPE step by step
- ON THE HOB! Lets get cooking ! Take a large pan, pour in the olive oil and butter (optional), turn it up to a medium heat. When the pan is warm throw in the onions..
- Keep stirring the onions until soft, then tip in the potatoes, stirring well so all the butter goodness covers them..
- Pour in the stock! Simmer on a medium heat, this should take about ten minutes or until the potatoes are soft..
- Throw in the peas. Note:- The key to keeping the soups so vibrant and bright green is to let them soften only for a minute, that's once they have started to simmer. Remove from the heat. And using a hand blender blitz to desired consistency..
- Add salt and pepper to taste, (if you are using ham hock stock be careful as the ham bone can already be quite salty) Pour into bowls stir in the ham slices. I added crème fraiche for the extra luxury. It's as easy as that! I would be happy to hear from you with any thoughts and questions. Enjoy!.
- This is how I make the ham stock, from a butcher a buy an un cooked ham hock, add it to a pan full of water, with herbs onion and carrot, simmer it for 2 to 3 hours! Skim off any scum. Lift out and take the ham off the bone!.
Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add the ham bone, split peas, and water to the pot and stir to evenly combine the vegetables and split peas. Stir the soup periodically and scrape the bottom of the pot to prevent burning. Packed with potassium, protein and fiber this little pulse packs a nutritional punch. Here are a few different split pea soup recipes to change things up.