Cajun Salmon with Black bean Rice & Braised veggies. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray! Try Zatarain's® Recipes For Ideas & Inspiration. Cajun Salmon with Black bean Rice & Braised veggies.
When most of the water has evaporated, add the canned black beans, chopped cilantro and lemon juice and let the water completely dry out. Get of Olive cooking oil or any. Cook the brown rice in a open saucepan with. You can cook Cajun Salmon with Black bean Rice & Braised veggies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Salmon with Black bean Rice & Braised veggies
- Prepare of Salmon Brown rice frozen / fresh.
- It’s of Canned Blackbeans.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- You need of Lemon / juiceconcentrate.
- Prepare of carrots Baby.
- You need of cabbage Shredded.
- Prepare of Cajun spice rub.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Olive cooking oil or any.
Cook the brown rice in a open saucepan with salt and a few drops of oil. Meanwhile, for a salsa, mix tomatoes, black beans, spring onion, remaining herbs and juice from half the charred lemon in a bowl and season. Place rice on a platter, top with salmon, scatter with salsa, chilli and extra herbs and squeeze remaining charred lemon over. Bold Cajun-seasoned roasted salmon is paired with cauliflower rice and a vibrant and flavorful mango and black bean salsa.
Cajun Salmon with Black bean Rice & Braised veggies step by step
- Thaw the salmon, if required and marinate with salt, pepper, lemon juice drops and Cajun spice for anything ranging from 30 mins to 2 hours..
- Cook the brown rice in a open saucepan with salt and a few drops of oil. The proportion of rice:water is about 1:4. It takes longer to cook in comparison to white rice and soaking it for about 30 odd mins prior to cooking might help. Cook covered for about 25 mins and then open the lid..
- When most of the water has evaporated, add the canned black beans, chopped cilantro and lemon juice and let the water completely dry out..
- In a hot iron skillet, add some oil and place the salmon pieces. On a side, add the baby carrots and cabbage. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the veggies. The fish and veggies can cooked and browned over the stove. I prefer to transfer the skillet to the oven and cook at 350 F for 15 mins. Broil for a minute on each side towards the end for browning the fish..
- Serve the fish and veggies with the rice..
Quick and easy Spicy Salmon Bowls are packed with protein, veggies, and heart-healthy fats. Bold, tropical flavors and tasty salmon come together for an irresistible, filling and nutritious meal prep bowl. While they cook, mix together the pepper sauce, honey and lime juice. Stir the coriander through the rice, drizzle the sauce over the salmon, scatter with extra coriander leaves, and serve with the lime wedges. Place the salmon filet in a skillet pan, add salt to taste.