Big Daddy's Carolina Style BBQ Sauce. Carolina-style barbecue sauce is vinegar and mustard based, quite the opposite of the thicker and sweeter molasses-based sauces used in the South and Midwest. Use this sauce both on the traditional Carolina pulled pork and on grilled chicken. The tanginess from the mustard and vinegar and a hint of liquid smoke complement grilled meat beautifully.
DIRECTIONS Mix all except soy, butter and smoke. Big Daddy's Carolina Style Barbecue Sauce If you only try one recipe in this collection, this is the one! This is South Carolina style barbecue sauce, meaning that it is vinegar and mustard based, as opposed to the ketchup and molasses based sauces of the mid- and southwest. You can have Big Daddy's Carolina Style BBQ Sauce using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Big Daddy's Carolina Style BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 1 cup of prepared yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of hot sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of hickory liquid smoke.
The sauce adds a tangy finish to the meat with balanced flavors of spice, pepper, vinegar and sweetness without overwhelming or hiding true natural flavors of smoked meats. I have used a beer mustard in one version, and this worked well on chicken breasts. We have even tried it on deep fried chicken wings and it makes for a tastey sauce. When I found their BBQ sauce I was surprised that it was absolutely the real deal when it came to flavor.
Big Daddy's Carolina Style BBQ Sauce instructions
- Combine ingredients except soy sauce, butter and liquid smoke in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes..
- Whisk in remaining ingredients and simmer for another 10 minutes..
I have not had a BBQ sauce of theirs that was anything less than perfect. – Danny B. Verified Customer Combine ingredients except soy sauce, butter and liquid smoke in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Big Daddy's Home Pate BBQ is a family operated BBQ restaurant located in Rockland County, New York. Join us for the ultimate Southern BBQ experience. Our goal is to bring our guest that southern home feeling with, smiles, friendship and good food.