Rice and Beans Jollof. Begin to cook rice in a separate pot. Our Agoyin sauce is authentic receipt from agoyin people (Benin Republic and Togo) made love. it prepared with palm oil, Ginger,Garlic,onions and chilies. When rice is paired with beans and made into Jollof, that's food to millions of Nigerians.
Nigerian rice and beans Jollof is basically a combination of rice and beans cooked in a tomato stew. It is nutritionally richer than plain jollof rice because of the addition of beans. Making it is not as straight forward as making Nigerian jollof rice which is a one-pot dish also, rice and beans Jollof is not as popular. You can have Rice and Beans Jollof using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice and Beans Jollof
- You need 3 Cups of Rice (70% cooked).
- You need 11/2 Cup of Cooked Beans.
- It’s 1 Cup of Fried Chicken and Beef (Bite sizes).
- It’s 1 1/2 of Pepper and Onion mix (roughly blended).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Curry.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of Thyme.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Seasoning and Salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of Big Onion (Diced).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 Cups of Meat Stock.
Unlike the regular beans or rice, Jollof Rice and Beans is a meal that is prepared by combining rice and beans together with Jollof spices. Jollof Rice and Beans is a favorite way of enjoying the richness of both foods combined. This meal can be prepared plain or as Jollof. Nigerian jollof Rice and Beans Nigerian Rice and Beans is a meal that is prepared by combining rice and beans together.
Rice and Beans Jollof instructions
- Heat up the oil. Sautee onion for 2 minutes, add garlic powder and sautee for another minute..
- Add the pepper mix. Allow to fry until the pepper begins to separate from the oil. Add curry, thyme and black pepper and stir..
- Add meat stock and bring to a boil. Add cooked beans and the rice..
- Stir together, check for salt and seasoning. Cover and allow to steam for about 10 minutes to cook the rice completely. Add fried beef and chicken. Stir and take off heat.
- Serve and enjoy.
This is a favorite way of enjoying the richness of both foods. You can choose to prepare it plain or as jollof. Discard the water and rinse the beans. Put the beans in a pot, pour some water and set to boil. Once the beans starts boiling, turn off the heat, throw away the water and wash again.