Rice and Beans Jollof. Begin to cook rice in a separate pot. Nigerian Jollof Rice and Beans – Ewaagoyin in Sugarland Celebrating Nigerian Delicacies Nigerian Jollof Rice and Beans – Ewaagoyin in Sugarland Celebrating Nigerian Delicacies. Nigerian Jollof Rice and … About Menu More; Order Now.
There are many staple foods in Nigeria, rice and beans are just some of them. While lots of Nigerians make either porridge bean or jollof rice as a meal, there is a way to combine both into a sumptuous meal as well. Nigerian rice and beans Jollof is basically a combination of rice and beans cooked in a tomato stew. You can cook Rice and Beans Jollof using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice and Beans Jollof
- It’s of Rice (70% cooked).
- You need of Cooked Beans.
- Prepare of Fried Chicken and Beef (Bite sizes).
- It’s of Pepper and Onion mix (roughly blended).
- Prepare of Curry.
- You need of Thyme.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Seasoning and Salt to taste.
- Prepare of Big Onion (Diced).
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Meat Stock.
It is nutritionally richer than plain jollof rice because of the addition of beans. Making it is not as straight forward as making Nigerian jollof rice which is a one-pot dish also, rice and beans Jollof is not as popular. Nigerian Rice and Beans Jollof is a meal that is prepared by combining rice and beans together in Jollof style. This is a favourite way of enjoying the richness of both foods.
Rice and Beans Jollof instructions
- Heat up the oil. Sautee onion for 2 minutes, add garlic powder and sautee for another minute..
- Add the pepper mix. Allow to fry until the pepper begins to separate from the oil. Add curry, thyme and black pepper and stir..
- Add meat stock and bring to a boil. Add cooked beans and the rice..
- Stir together, check for salt and seasoning. Cover and allow to steam for about 10 minutes to cook the rice completely. Add fried beef and chicken. Stir and take off heat.
- Serve and enjoy.
You can choose to prepare it plain or as Jollof. For those who find it less appealing, eating cooked beans alone. Unlike the regular beans or rice, Jollof Rice and Beans is a meal that is prepared by combining rice and beans together with Jollof spices. Jollof Rice and Beans is a favorite way of enjoying the richness of both foods combined. This meal can be prepared plain or as Jollof.