Alfredo Sauce. For a lighter version of Alfredo sauce, try making a roux with one tablespoon each butter and flour. After about two minutes, when the mixture is foamy and bubbling, add your liquid of choice to create a white sauce. You can use one cup of regular milk, half-and-half or a mixture of chicken stock and heavy cream.
Add the Parmesan and stir until melted. Alfredo sauce is a popular American take on the classic Italian white pasta sauce. It's one of the quickest-to-prepare sauces you'll ever get your hands on. You can cook Alfredo Sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Alfredo Sauce
- It’s of Butter.
- You need of large cloves Garlic, pressed or minced.
- It’s of plus 1 teaspoon flour.
- Prepare of Half n Half.
- It’s of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of White Pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh chopped Basil (OR) 1/4 Cup fresh chopped Parsley.
Not to mention that it's tasty, creamy and satisfying. If you're running short of time and need to improvise a quick and yet delicious pasta sauce, this is the one for you. It is made from butter, a type of cream and parmesan cheese. Adding seasonings and cream cheese for a thickener I like to blend a rich, creamy sauce together that is simple and irresistible.
Alfredo Sauce step by step
- Saute garlic for 1 minute in butter over medium high heat..
- Stir in flour for 1 minute more, stirring constantly..
- Add Half n Half and which until evenly mixed together..
- Cook until mixture reaches a simmer. Lower heat to medium low and let simmer until mixture thickens. (Approx. 2 min.).
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and seasoning. Whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth..
- (Add parsley OR Basil at this point if you're going to.).
- Serve with your favorite pasta!.
Meanwhile, put the cream in a saucepan with the butter and a little grated nutmeg and warm through gently. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, cheese, and stir quickly, letting the cheese melt. Our easy chicken alfredo pasta recipe is rich, creamy and the perfect antidote to hunger pangs. You're just two steps away from cheesy pasta perfection.