Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake. Stir in the spinach, until wilted; drain on kitchen paper. Stir the chicken, onions and mushrooms into the egg and bread mixture, then pour into the prepared baking dish. Generously season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder.
Then sprinkle the seasonings over the top. Soften cream cheese and whisk in olive oil and chicken broth. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta shapes according to the packet instructions, then drain. You can have Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake
- You need of chicken, cooked (shredded).
- Prepare of mushrooms (canned or fresh).
- Prepare of spinach roughly chopped.
- It’s of mozzarella shredded.
- It’s of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s of thyme.
- You need of crushed red pepper.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- It’s of container of ricotta cheese or ¾ cup heavy cream.
- It’s of cream cheese.
- It’s of mozzarella.
- Prepare of parmesan grated.
- Prepare of nutmeg.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, tip the defrosted creamy chicken into a large bowl. Drain on kitchen paper and stir into the chicken. Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the.
Chicken Spinach Mushroom Bake step by step
- Boil chicken..
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Cook for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and red pepper flakes, then season with salt and pepper and sauté for 8 minutes..
- Stir in spinach (a handful at a time, allowing to wilt before adding the next handful), and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Set aside..
- In a small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Heat on low, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts and the sauce becomes smooth and homogeneous..
- In a casserole dish, arrange a layer of shredded chicken meat. Spread over half of the cheesy sauce then arrange a layer of mushroom-spinach mixture. Spread remaining sauce on top, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly on top or turn on broiler for the last 3-5 minutes for extra crispy cheese..
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy..
Reduce the heat to medium, add the olive oil and plain flour, then whisk until smooth and bubbling. Gradually add the chicken stock, whisking well until smooth. Add chicken and fry until brown; season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and cook until softened; stir in half of the soft cheese with some of the reserved cooking water, if needed. Simmer over low heat for a few minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.