Salmon en Croute (With Lemon and Chilli) OR (Dill and Herbs). Discover Chillys Online – Explore The Designer Range Now At ASOS! Update Your Wardrobe With New Season Styles & ASOS Exclusive Brands. The Best New And Exclusive Varieties For Your Gardens!
Cover the dish with cling film, ensuring it does not touch the food and leave a small area open. Combine smoked salmon with pasta for a simple yet scrumptious lunch or supper. The flavoursome fish adds a smoky boost to creamy pasta dishes. You can cook Salmon en Croute (With Lemon and Chilli) OR (Dill and Herbs) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon en Croute (With Lemon and Chilli) OR (Dill and Herbs)
- You need 500 gr of Salmon Fillet Boned and skinned.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Flaky Salt (I used Himalayan Pink).
- It’s 1 Tbs of Dark brown Sugar.
- Prepare 100 gr of Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon zest and juiced.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Chipotle Chilli flakes (Option).
- It’s 2 of Large Dill Sprigs (or use half if using the Chilli).
- You need 250 gr of Block ready made Puff Pasty.
- It’s 1 of Egg – beaten.
This is an easy, elegant salmon dish with a yoghurt-dill sauce. I like it best on summer evenings. Fresh steamed asparagus or green beans go well with this. A superb sweet, white, textured fish, sea bass is a popular feature of menus but you can easily cook it at home.
Salmon en Croute (With Lemon and Chilli) OR (Dill and Herbs) instructions
- Cut the Fillet in half so you have 2 equal pieces the lightly rub both pieces with the salt and sugar. stack them left and right with the skinned side on the top and bottom. Then place into a plastic bag and roll so that the pieces are pressed firmly together (I add 2 elastic bands). Put into the fridge for at least 20 hours to firm up..
- Mix the cream cheese with herbs, lemon zest and juice and add chilli flakes if using. Put to one side and Roll out your puff pasty to at least double the size of the fillets plus 4 cm extra each side..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly dust with flour..
- Cut the pastry into half and place the unwrapped first salmon fillet in the middle, then put the cream cheese mix on top and place the second fillet on top of that making a sandwich..
- Egg wash around the salmon and then Place the 2nd piece of Pastry on top and push the pastry edges together. Using a fish slice carefully transfer to the Baking Sheet and tuck in the pastry all the way around. Then crimp the edges together – I just use 3 fingers and push firmly around the edge. Brush the whole thing with egg and put into fridge for at least 45 mins or even the day before needed..
- Heat the Oven to 220c, Brush with more Egg and cook for 20 mins, Turn 180 degrees and lower heat to 180c and cook for another 10 mins. Remove and allow to rest before serving. WOW :).
- One of my friends loves this without the lemon and extra chilli so enjoy :).
Our sea bass recipes make quick work or a whole fish or fillets. We love chicken because it's quick and easy to cook and infinitely versatile. Whether in an easy chicken pasta dish or a simple stir-fry, we have all kinds of easy chicken recipes for you to try. Mary Berry trained at The Cordon Bleu in Paris and Bath School of Home Economics. Find delicious recipes, meal ideas and Food Love Stories here at Tesco.