Focaccia turned into pizza. Your Favorite Pizza Made By Hand Ready For Contact Free Delivery. The Official Food Of Everything From Tasty Pizzas & Sumptuous Sides To Delicious Desserts Uber Eats is the easy way to get the food you love delivered. Browse Menus & Order From Local Restaurants.
Spread the focaccia with the marinara sauce, then scatter with the meatballs. This was supposed to be just a focaccia, but since my son wanted pizza, I turned it into a pizza. With a little bit of creativity, a few toppings, and the acceptance that focaccia pizza will always be closer to a Chicago deep-dish pie than a New York slice, your. You can cook Focaccia turned into pizza using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Focaccia turned into pizza
- You need 2 cup of (~260 gram) flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of dry active yeast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 pinch of sea salt.
- It’s of ~ 1 cup warm water.
- You need of If you are making a pizza.
- You need 4 tbsp of Marinara sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of mozarella.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- Prepare Handful of olives.
With a little bit of creativity, a few toppings, and the acceptance that focaccia pizza will always be closer to a Chicago deep-dish pie than a New York slice, your. Both focaccia and pizza dough are made with flour, oil, salt, water, and yeast. But pizza dough uses very little yeast — giving you a thin, flat crust. However, focaccia uses more, which makes the dough rise higher and gives it a fluffier texture.
Focaccia turned into pizza instructions
- Mix together all the ingredients except the water..
- With a wooden spoon, start mixing the batter adding slowly the water until a soft but not sticky dough forms..
- Knead with your hands for just five minutes and then let the dogh rise in a covered bowl inside a turned off microwave for 1 hour or until doubled its size..
- After it has doubled its size, knead the dough just for a couple of minutes and then lay it in an well oiled baking pan..
- Cover the baking pan and let rise for another hour..
- Spent the other hour, sprinke olive oil all over the risen dough and make "dimples" with your fingers..
- If you are making just the focaccia, bake it in 200° Celsius for 25 minutes(depending on the size of the baking pan) or until golden brown..
- If you are turning it into a pizza, after you make the dimples, spread the marinara sauce evenly and then add the Mozarella, pepper, olives or everything else you like on a pizza..
- Bake at 200° Celsius for 25 or 30 minutes or depending on the size of the baking pan, until the mozarella is melted completely..
Focaccia is also dimpled with fingers, which helps the bread maintain its moisture. Why Use Pizza Dough Instead of Traditional Focaccia? Because focaccia- like a lot of breads- takes time. More time than I want to spend on a busy weeknight. Happily, focaccia has a texture very similar to an extra-thick pizza.