Baked Chicken Tacos. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, lime juice, taco seasoning, cumin and garlic powder. Stir until chicken is coated with the seasonings. Divide the chicken mixture among the taco shells and top with cheese.
Place a baking sheet or flat surface with a bit of weight on top of the tacos to press them down. This prevents the tacos from opening during baking and helps the cheese fully seal the tacos so they stick together after baking. In a skillet, heat oil and saute the onion until it's soft and translucent. You can cook Baked Chicken Tacos using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Tacos
- It’s 1 pkg. of Stand & Stuff Taco Shells (10 count).
- Prepare 2 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need of taco seasoning (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper etc).
- It’s 1 can of Rotel, drained.
- You need 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Toppings: sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, taco sauce.
Add garlic, and cook it for a minute or until it's fragrant. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes (FULLY DRAINED), and green chiles (FULLY DRAINED) *see note. Line taco shells in a baking dish.
Baked Chicken Tacos step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook chicken topped with taco seasoning and shred. (I used Instapot). Add can of drained Rotel and mix..
- Place taco shells in a 9×13 baking dish. Place in oven for 5 minutes to crisp slightly..
- Carefully spoon refried beans into bottom of shells..
- Divide 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese amongst all tacos..
- Pack each with chicken mixture..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until browned and cheese is melted..
- Set up topping station of desired ingredients..
Spoon a few tablespoons of the chicken into each taco shell. Serve with a side of sour cream, lettuce, and slices of lime if desired! Drizzle with the olive oil and place into the oven. Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well. To assemble the tacos, spread a little of the sauce onto each tortilla then top with the chicken and toppings of your choice.