Baked Chicken Tacos. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, lime juice, taco seasoning, cumin and garlic powder. Stir until chicken is coated with the seasonings.
While the tacos are in the oven, use a bowl to combine the chicken with canned diced green chiles, taco seasoning and lime juice. Place a baking sheet or flat surface with a bit of weight on top of the tacos to press them down. This prevents the tacos from opening during baking and helps the cheese fully seal the tacos so they stick together after baking. You can cook Baked Chicken Tacos using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Tacos
- You need of Stand & Stuff Taco Shells (10 count).
- Prepare of large boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare of taco seasoning (cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper etc).
- It’s of Rotel, drained.
- You need of refried beans.
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Toppings: sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, taco sauce.
In a skillet, heat oil and saute the onion until it's soft and translucent. Add garlic, and cook it for a minute or until it's fragrant. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes (FULLY DRAINED), and green chiles (FULLY DRAINED) *see note.
Baked Chicken Tacos step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook chicken topped with taco seasoning and shred. (I used Instapot). Add can of drained Rotel and mix..
- Place taco shells in a 9×13 baking dish. Place in oven for 5 minutes to crisp slightly..
- Carefully spoon refried beans into bottom of shells..
- Divide 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese amongst all tacos..
- Pack each with chicken mixture..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until browned and cheese is melted..
- Set up topping station of desired ingredients..
Line taco shells in a baking dish. Spoon a few tablespoons of the chicken into each taco shell. Serve with a side of sour cream, lettuce, and slices of lime if desired! Drizzle with the olive oil and place into the oven. Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well.