🍅🌿Caprese Salad🌿🍅. Always a classic combination, this recipe is simple and delish! With mozzarella & juicy ripe tomatoes. Gluten-free gf; Vegetarian v; Caprese salad with grilled peppers.
Toss with a simple garlic-herb vinaigrette first, then finish with a drizzle of balsamic for extra flavour and the signature look. Caprese Salad is terrific served as a side for sharing, as a light meal with crusty bread or piled onto toast with smashed avocado. Caprese Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can have 🍅🌿Caprese Salad🌿🍅 using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 🍅🌿Caprese Salad🌿🍅
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of Ripe tomatoes (3-4 medium) sliced 1/4” thick.
- You need 12-16 oz of Fresh mozzarella sliced 1/4” thick.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Fresh basil (1/3 cup basil leaves).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sea salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black pepper or to taste.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Balsamic vinegar or added to taste (optional).
Stasher Launched the Prettiest Reusable Silicone Bags—Just in Time for Earth Day. Caprese salad (Italian: insalata caprese [insaˈlaːta kaˈpreːze; -eːse] or simply Caprese [kaˈpreːze; -eːse]) is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt and olive oil. It is usually arranged on a plate in restaurant practice. Like pizza Margherita, it features the colours of the Italian flag: green, white, and red.
🍅🌿Caprese Salad🌿🍅 instructions
- Start by layering slices of tomatoes on a serving platter. Tuck slices of cheese between each tomato so both are visible then tuck whole basil leaves between the cheese and tomatoes. Arrange the slices so you can see every layer. Season generously with salt and pepper, drizzle all over with extra virgin olive oil and drizzle with 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar or add it to taste..
- #Serving_Tip: Caprese salad is so beautiful when served on a platter. Arrange all of your salad ingredients then just before serving, drizzle with salt, freshly ground black pepper and balsamic vinegar with extra virgin olive oil. Adding the salt too early will make your tomatoes release extra juice..
Enjoy this colourful salad as a main meal, or side with grilled fish or chicken. With mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, it's full of the flavours of Italy. Caprese Salad or Insalata Caprese or tomato, mozzarella and basil salad is a cult dish of Italian cuisine. Caprese salad originated in Campagna region on the small island of Capri in the golf of Naples. Caprese salad (insalata Caprese) literally means "salad of Capri." Capri is an Italian island in the Mediterranean.