White Chickpeas and Rice. One Taste Of Our White Chickpeas & You Will Know The Difference – Buy In Bulk & Save Big. Cook water, rice, thyme, and bay leaf and set aside. Heat olive oil and half of the butter in a skillet and then add chickpeas.
Chickpea is a great source of calcium, iron, potassium and protein. Chickpea is an excellent source of dietary fiber. Both white rice and chickpeas are high in calories. You can have White Chickpeas and Rice using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Chickpeas and Rice
- Prepare of chickpeas.
- It’s of Tomatoes chopped.
- Prepare of large onion chopped.
- It’s of garlic, ginger paste.
- You need of green chilli chopped.
- It’s of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of turmeric.
- Prepare of coriander powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of (Dry masala).
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare of cloves.
- Prepare of cumin seeds.
- You need of coriander seeds.
- You need of black cardamom.
- It’s of (Ingredient for Rice).
- It’s of rice.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of salt.
Cook the basmati rice according to the package instructions. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper and cook until the onions are dark. Rice with chickpeas is just awesome comfort food – so flavourful and delicious!
White Chickpeas and Rice instructions
- Soak white chickpeas overnight and pressure cook soaked chickpeas..
- Keep the drained water to use later..
- In a pan, dry roast bay leaf, black cardamom, coriander seeds, cumin, black peppercorns, cloves around 1 minutes on low flame..
- Left them cool then grind them..
- Grind tomatoes in a mixer set aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai add chopped onion saute add ginger garlic paste and cook..
- Add tomatoes paste cook until oil separate. Add turmeric, red chilli, dry mango powder saute add chickpeas and drained water mix well..
- Cook gravy becomes thick..
- Transfer white chickpeas in a serving bow and garnish with coriander leaves serve with Rice or bhatura..
- (Steamed Rice) wash rice properly and keep aside..
- Take a pan add water to it, let it boil..
- When water starts to boil add rice and salt cook for 15 min and then reduce the heat let it cook till the rice soft switch off the heat and drain the starch water..
- Transfer rice in a bowl serve hot..
I love anything with chickpeas in it and chickpeas and rice are an amazing combination. To make chole pulao, wash and soak kabuli chana overnight. Next day, drain the water, wash well and pressure cook the kabuli chana with a pinch of salt till tender. Add carrots, potato, tomato, chickpeas, kidney beans and mix well. Transfer cooked rice into the pot of cooked curried chickpeas, stir until well-mixed and cover.