Paleo Spanish Rice with Tuna. Browse the Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Famous Chefs. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs. Learn How StarKist® Makes It Easy To Meet Your Paleo Diet Goals.
Set stove top to medium heat to melt the butter. Carefully add and stir in the salsa as it may splatter. Add and stir in the rice. You can have Paleo Spanish Rice with Tuna using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paleo Spanish Rice with Tuna
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- It’s 2 (16 oz) Jars of Salsa (non-fruit).
- It’s 1 1/3 Cups of Brown Rice.
- You need 4 Cups of Water.
- Prepare 4 Teaspoons of Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base.
- Prepare 10 oz of Bumble Bee Prime Fillet Albacore Tuna with Chipotle & Olive Oil.
- You need To Taste of Thyme.
Ingredients: sweet potato, cauliflower rice, tuna, green olives, sea salt, coconut oil or animal fat. With most fish cake recipes you need to use egg to bind the mixture, but this is a grain and egg free paleo and AIP recipe that uses mashed sweet potato as the binder instead. Spicy tuna rolls are typically made from tuna, rice, and vegetables wrapped in a sheet of nori. With this paleo sushi recipe, we'll skip the rice and use cauliflower rice instead.
Paleo Spanish Rice with Tuna instructions
- In a large frying pan, add the butter and olive oil..
- Set stove top to medium heat to melt the butter..
- Carefully add and stir in the salsa as it may splatter..
- Add and stir in the rice. Set stove top to low..
- Heat the 4 cups of water in the microwave until warm (about 30 seconds)..
- Mix the Better Than Bouillon with the warm water to make a chicken broth..
- Bring the mixture to a boil..
- Add and stir in broth..
- Reduce mixture to medium heat, and let simmer for 30 minutes uncovered. Stir occasionally..
- Add and stir in the Tuna and Tyme..
- Reduce mixture to low heat, and let simmer for 90 minutes covered. Add water as needed..
- Turn off stove top and serve while hot..
You might be thinking that rice is gluten-free and you'd be correct. However, making sushi with cauliflower rice keeps it both low carb and paleo friendly. Top the casserole with the remaining cheese (add more if desired!) and place on the center rack of the preheated oven. Add in the thyme, garlic powder, salt, coconut cream and arrowroot powder. Mix until tuna is evenly coated in spicy mayonnaise.