Alfredo sauce. For a lighter version of Alfredo sauce, try making a roux with one tablespoon each butter and flour. After about two minutes, when the mixture is foamy and bubbling, add your liquid of choice to create a white sauce. You can use one cup of regular milk, half-and-half or a mixture of chicken stock and heavy cream.
Add the Parmesan and stir until melted. Alfredo sauce is a popular American take on the classic Italian white pasta sauce. It's one of the quickest-to-prepare sauces you'll ever get your hands on. You can cook Alfredo sauce using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Alfredo sauce
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 4 ounces of Greek yogurt cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese aged.
Not to mention that it's tasty, creamy and satisfying. If you're running short of time and need to improvise a quick and yet delicious pasta sauce, this is the one for you. It is made from butter, a type of cream and parmesan cheese. Adding seasonings and cream cheese for a thickener I like to blend a rich, creamy sauce together that is simple and irresistible.
Alfredo sauce step by step
- In a medium sauce pan add butter, heavy whipping cream and cream cheese cooked over medium heat whisk until melted add minced garlic powder Italian seasoning and salt and pepper continue to whisk until smooth add grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until it starts the thicken.
- Then toss it with your favorite pasta.
Meanwhile, put the cream in a saucepan with the butter and a little grated nutmeg and warm through gently. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, cheese, and stir quickly, letting the cheese melt. Our easy chicken alfredo pasta recipe is rich, creamy and the perfect antidote to hunger pangs. You're just two steps away from cheesy pasta perfection.