Rajma rice. Add thin slit green chillies and roughly chopped tomatoes along with half tsp of salt. Add all the masala powders and mix well. Add cooked rajma,mix well and add cooked rice.
Cover and place some weight on the cap. Let it cook on low flame till the water is almost absorbed. Thereafter place it on a heavy. You can have Rajma rice using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rajma rice
- You need of red kidney beans.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of onions.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- It’s of green chilies.
- Prepare of tomatoes.
- You need of black pepper powder.
- It’s of salt and red chilli powder.
- It’s of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of oil.
Rajma and rice, no meal can be more satiating. This famous combination of rajma chawal is a complete one meal dinner and healthy protein for Vegetarians as it's a cereal and pulse combination. Rajma chawal is derived from Punjab and this recipe is super unique as we have mixed the rajma curry and cooked basmati rice and made it like a pulao. The combination of Rajma and rice generally lists as a top favorite of North Indians and Nepalis.
Rajma rice step by step
- Wash the rajma and soak them overnight or for 6 – 8 hours. Take a pan, add 3 cups of water along with soaked kidney beans and a pinch of salt. Throw away the water in which the rajma were soaked. Do not use this water as this causes indigestion. Cook them for 20 to 30 minute till the rajma are soft and tender..
- Take a small bowl add all the spices, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and pepper. Mix all the spices well..
- Add the garlic and green chili, cook for a minute. Then add ginger and tomatoes and the spice mixture from the bowl. Cook for 7-8 minute till the mixture leaves oil..
- Add the cooked rajma along with butter and one cup of water. Let it cook for 30 minutes on the low flame.(if the rajma is cooked for more time it becomes more tastier as all the spices gets into it..
- Now with the help of ladle mash a table spoon of Rajma. This will thicken the gravy. Adjust the water as per the gravy requirement. With Open lid, let it simmer for 5 minutes at low flame. Take it out in a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve hot with plain steamed rice.
Rajma is prepared with onion, garlic and many spices in India, and it is one of the staple foods in Nepal. Rajma Masala is a popular dish in the Northern states of India. Serve rajma masala restaurant-style with steamed basmati rice, jeera rice, roti or paratha or naan or saffron rice. The combination of rajma rice or rajma chawal is quite famous in North India. You can garnish with some coriander leaves when serving.