Caprese Salad🇮🇹. The mozzarella used is a fresh mozzarella, if you use the brick style, it will not be the same. If you can't find the pearlini mozzarella, use the cieglini and cut it in half. Regular rotini pasta can be used but the cooking time will be different.
Caprese Salad is terrific served as a side for sharing, as a light meal with crusty bread or piled onto toast with smashed avocado. Caprese salad originated in Campagna region on the small island of Capri in the golf of Naples. Instructions Place the tomatoes and mozzarella on a platter. You can have Caprese Salad🇮🇹 using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caprese Salad🇮🇹
- You need 250 ml of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 of ball mozzarella (125g), or some bocconcini.
- Prepare 1-2 of tomatoes, or a handful of cherry tomatoes.
- You need leaves of Fresh basil.
- Prepare of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Flaky sea salt.
- You need of Coarse black pepper.
Arrange tomatoes and mozzarella on a platter in an alternating pattern. Scatter the basil leaves over the tomatoes and mozzarella. Season with flaky salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of flaky.
Caprese Salad🇮🇹 instructions
- Assembly of ingredients.
- In a pan over medium high heat, bring balsamic vinegar and honey to a boil then lower to a simmer for about 12-15 min, stirring occasionally. Reduce to about 1/3 cup where the balsamic vinager sauce will coat the surface of a spoon lightly. (Try not to inhale the acidic fumes while it's simmering, it's rather sharp on the nostrils) Let it cool a little..
- While balsamic vinegar is being simmered, assemble the salad. Chop tomato and mozzarella ball thickly, about 1cm. Arrange tomato slices, mozzarella and basil leaves in an alternate pattern..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper liberally..
- Drizzle olive oil and reduced balsamic vinegar..
- There will be leftover sauce for you to use, about 1/4 cup. You can multiply 1 ball per tomato to increase in quantity..
Caprese salad (insalata Caprese) literally means "salad of Capri." Capri is an Italian island in the Mediterranean. I can't confirm that it actually originated there, but it is Italian and it is delicious. A well-made Caprese salad will make a statement at your summer parties, but it's easy and simple enough to enjoy on a regular weeknight. How to Make the Best Caprese Salad. Caprese salad (Italian: insalata caprese [insaˈlaːta kaˈpreːze; -eːse] or simply Caprese [kaˈpreːze; -eːse]) is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and sweet basil, seasoned with salt and olive oil.