Coconut Chickpea Curry With Rice. Directions Cook the basmati rice according to the package instructions. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper and cook until the.
Garnish with the. chickpea curry While the rice is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Serve immediately with the coconut rice! Instructions Heat Canola Oil in a skillet. You can have Coconut Chickpea Curry With Rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Chickpea Curry With Rice
- You need of oil.
- Prepare of large red onion, sliced.
- You need of tomatoes.
- Prepare of Salt and black pepper.
- You need of chickpeas.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- It’s of garam masala.
- You need of curry powder.
- Prepare of cumin.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- It’s of lemon.
Add the whole spices and wait until they turn fragrant. Add the chopped Onions and Garlic and mix well. Add the Cumin, Salt and Ground Black Pepper to it and mix well. Add the Chickpeas, Coconut Cream, and Heavy Cream to it.
Coconut Chickpea Curry With Rice step by step
- Soak chickpeas overnight. Boil the next day until cooked through.
- Add onions to pan and cook until fragrant, add tomatoes. Add salt and ground black pepper and stir together. Lower heat to medium and allow to cook down until tomatoes turn to paste about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas, garlic, garam masala, curry powder and cumin. Stir to combine..
- Add in the coconut milk and stir again. Bring the curry to a boil, and then reduce to medium-low so that the mixture continues to simmer for 10 to 12 more minutes.
- Remove the coconut chickpea curry from the heat and squeeze a lime lightly over the top of the curry, stirring to combine.
To the remaining chickpeas, add the zucchini, corn, shallot, garlic, and ginger. Stir in the curry powder and cayenne. Just before taking the pan off the heat, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix thoroughly. Serve the chickpea curry over the rice with a side of broccoli and cherry tomatoes if using. Add carrots, potato, tomato, chickpeas, kidney beans and mix well.