Spicy Bean Burger. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Blitz the bread and fresh corriander together to make breadcrumbs. Spread each side of the burger buns with chipotle soured cream. Place the bean burgers on the bottom. spicy bean burgers; Member recipe.
Place the bread and canellini beans in a processor and blitz to purèe. Add the red kidney beans and blitz until roughly chopped. Tip into a bowl, add the beans and roughly mash. You can cook Spicy Bean Burger using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Bean Burger
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of beetroot.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 handful of lentils.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 1 can of red kidney beans.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vegetable stock powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamon pods.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of herbs de Provence (mixed dried herbs).
- It’s 2 pinches of dried chilli flakes.
- Prepare 3 handfuls of plain white flower.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- You need 4 of Bread rolls.
- Prepare of Goats Cheese.
Leave to cool slightly, then add the egg, breadcrumbs, coriander and lime juice. Tip the beans into a large bowl, then roughly crush with a potato masher. These bean burgers are loaded with bold flavours and make a hearty option for vegetarians. Per burger Typical Values (cooked as per.
Spicy Bean Burger instructions
- Peal and chop up the potatoes, and put on to boil.
- Add the beetroot, carrot, and lentils.
- While you are waiting for the vegetables to cook get all the spices, herbs, stock powder and salt together and grind it all together..
- Drain and wash the beans.
- Once the veggies are nice and soft drain the water, put the pan back on the hob for a minute or so the dry some of the moisture..
- I used the hand blender to blitz the veg until it was smooth… You could do this with a potato masher if you wanted, its just harder work..
- Add the beans, garlic and the spice, and then mix together by hand with a fork, you want to bash the beans up a bit, but not too much, as they give the burgers a nice texture..
- Put the burger mixture into the fridge to cool down for at least an hour. This makes it much easier to form the patties and cook them..
- If the mixture is a bit sticky you can add a few spoonfuls of to dry it out a bit. Form a ball of the mixture then squash it flat with your hands, dust the surface with flour. Fry on quite a hot heat. Wait for one side to get quite crispy before flipping as this helps to avoid the whole thing falling to bits. Before you serve add a pinch of salt to the top of a hot burger to taste..
- Spread some goats cheese on a bun. If you want more cheese you can grill a little cheddar onto the other half of the bun..
- Put the burger in the bun, serve with salad..
While the black beans are in the oven, sauté some garlic, onion, and pepper together. This will be the flavor base of the entire burger. Make sure you blot the garlic, onion, + pepper when they're done- you don't want its moisture in the black bean burger. Put the cooked (drained) chickpeas, kidney beans, grated apple and tomato puree into a large mixing bowl and mash everything together with a strong potato masher. Mashing will seriously help the binding process, although it's great to have a few textured chunks of half mashed chickpeas and beans in there too.