Caprese Salad. Get Salad now with Uber Eats. Your food favourites delivered to your door. Order From Salad Restaurants with Uber Eats.
Lopez-Alt puts it perfectly when he says: "A good caprese salad is a culinary endpoint. Arrange the salad on a serving platter or individual plates in an alternating pattern, with two to three slices of tomato for every piece of cheese. Season with the salt and pepper to taste. You can cook Caprese Salad using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caprese Salad
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare as needed of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 3-4 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 3-4 of Basil leaves to garnish.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black Pepper powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Scatter the basil leaves over the top and drizzle with the oil. Caprese salad originated in Campagna region on the small island of Capri in the golf of Naples. And as many Italian dishes the geographical origin gave the name to the dish. Traditional Caprese salads are made with slices of tomato, mozzarella, sprinkled generously with basil, salt and pepper, finished with a drizzle of olive oil.
Caprese Salad step by step
- Wash the tomatoes, and cut the tomatoes into 1/4” thickness. Cut the mozzarella cheese and keep it ready.
- In a plate arrange the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese as per choice..
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle black pepper powder and salt..
- Garnish with Basil leaves and it's ready to eat..
Caprese salad (insalata Caprese) literally means "salad of Capri." Capri is an Italian island in the Mediterranean. Layer alternating slices of tomatoes and mozzarella, adding a basil leaf between each, on a large, shallow platter. Drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to. Enjoy this colourful salad as a main meal, or side with grilled fish or chicken. With mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, it's full of the flavours of Italy.