Mike's pizza sauce. Our blend of Hand Crushed San Marzano Tomatoes, Garlic, Oils and a mix of Italian herbs makes an ideal sauce to bring your Pizza creation to life! Why Mike's Salsa (Pizza Sauce) is so special! All Natural; No preservatives; No additives; No colouring; Gluten free; No water added; Low sugar; Low salt.
Stir in tomato paste and water. Season with sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano, marjoram, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. You can cook Mike's pizza sauce using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's pizza sauce
- Prepare 6 oz of can of tomato paste.
- It’s 2/3 cup of of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sherry.
Add the Tomato Puree; watch out for splatterage! In that time we have made millions of pies. At Mike's we use only the best ingredients and still make all our pizzas from scratch – extra work, but worth it! Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat, then add the onion along with a generous pinch of salt.
Mike's pizza sauce instructions
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and let simmer for about 30 min. For the right consistency..
Add the garlic and fry for a further min. Tip in the tomatoes and purée along with the bay, oregano and sugar. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. The main difference is that pizza sauce is raw, whereas pasta sauce is cooked. In the region where my mother is from, oregano is for pizza sauce, not pasta sauce.