New York Style Pizza Sauce. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! The crust of New York-style pizza is typically made from high-gluten bread flour.
Taste and add more salt, if needed. Add the tomatoes, basil stems, onion powder and sugar to the saucepan. Remove the basil stems from the sauce, and season the sauce with more salt if needed. You can cook New York Style Pizza Sauce using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of New York Style Pizza Sauce
- Prepare 1 of 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 medium of cloves garlic, about 2 teaspoons, grated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 pinch of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 of sprigs fresh basil with leaves attached.
- You need 1 medium of onion, peeled and cut in half.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
Combine butter and oil in medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add tomatoes, basil sprigs, onion halves, and sugar. This sauce is perfect for pizza, calzones, pasta, or for a dipping sauce. Add different herbs for a twist on this recipe.
New York Style Pizza Sauce step by step
- Process tomatoes and the juice in food processor until pureed, or with hand blender. Should be smooth, set aside..
- Combine butter and oil in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, and large pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, basil sprigs, onion halves, and sugar. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to lowest setting and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by 1/2, about an hour. Remove onion and basil, discard..
- Season to taste with salt. Allow to cool and store in covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks..
This would be delicious on a margherita pizza, pineapple and ham pizza (however controversial this might be), roasted red peppers and sausage pizza, supreme pizza-you name it. This sauce is so versatile and so simple. Add the tomatoes, basil stems, onion powder and sugar to the saucepan. Remove the basil stems from the sauce, and season the sauce with more salt if needed. Combine butter and oil in medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted.