"Rule of 5" Prime Rib. This recipe will give you a soft perfect Prime Rib every time, and requires very little effort and a calculator. See math is fun and delicious. For The Prime Rib • Prime Rib [bone in – room temp – twined] • For The Rub [you may need to double] • Garlic Olive Oil o to coat rib] • Extra Fine Minced Garlic [jarred] • Worshestershire Sauce • Fresh Ground Black Pepper • Granulated Onion Powder Tami.
Just need to make sure nobody opens the oven and let's out hear. The other method I've used is to sous vide the prime rib and then reverse sear. This recipe will give you a soft perfect Prime Rib every time, and requires very little effort and a calculator. You can cook "Rule of 5" Prime Rib using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Rule of 5" Prime Rib
- You need 1 of Prime Rib roast (bone in).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of garlic butter.
- You need of Herbs of your choice.
See math is fun and delicious. Boneless, rib roast (longissimus dorsi) is the cut known as prime rib; with the bone in, it is a standing rib roast. Either way, this is a favorite roast beef cut that is rimmed with fat and may need to be trimmed before cooking. It is also a big cut of meat that can feed a crowd.
"Rule of 5" Prime Rib instructions
- First preheat oven to 500°F. While that is warming up let's do the math. For this purpose we will use the roast I have here. It is 11.2 lbs..
- Let's do the math. 5 minutes per pound. 11.25 × 5 = 56.25 minutes. Now we round up to the nearest minute. So our time will be 57 minutes of cooking time.
- Now let's rub our roast with the garlic butter..
- Sprinkle with your desired herbs. Can be anything from salt and pepper, to a prime rib rub. Again your choice..
- Now we cook it in oven for exactly the calculated time. 57 minutes. Once the time has finished. Shut oven off. Set timer for 2 more hours. DO NOT OPEN OVEN. This is extremely important or it will not be cooked properly..
- Once the 2 hours has finished. Your roast is ready to serve. I debone it before cutting..
- IMPORTANT: The roast must be at room temperature before starting this process. It is recommended to leave roast on counter for approximately 6 hours..
Also known as top loin (multifidus dorsi), this is a whole boneless roast between the rib and. Fortunately, you can always move coals around as needed depending on what you like. Rings of Coals As it turns out, the sizes of briquettes work out so that the recommended briquettes count above can be estimated easily. On the lid, make a ring of briquettes. Talk to those who spearhead this annual event and you'll catch the Spirit – Lutheran Spirit.