New York Style Pizza Sauce. Try The All New Pop'N Chicken From Domino's Perfect For Dipping. Bite-Sized Chicken Lightly Seasoned With A Crispy Coating Served With BBQ Dip. Try It Now Fees & T&Cs apply.
Taste and add more salt, if needed. Add the tomatoes, basil stems, onion powder and sugar to the saucepan. Remove the basil stems from the sauce, and season the sauce with more salt if needed. You can cook New York Style Pizza Sauce using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of New York Style Pizza Sauce
- Prepare of 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes.
- It’s of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- It’s of cloves garlic, about 2 teaspoons, grated.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- It’s of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- Prepare of sprigs fresh basil with leaves attached.
- You need of onion, peeled and cut in half.
- It’s of sugar.
Combine butter and oil in medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Remove the basil stems from the sauce, and season the sauce with more salt if needed. Combine butter and oil in medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add tomatoes, basil sprigs, onion halves, and sugar.
New York Style Pizza Sauce instructions
- Process tomatoes and the juice in food processor until pureed, or with hand blender. Should be smooth, set aside..
- Combine butter and oil in a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, and large pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, basil sprigs, onion halves, and sugar. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to lowest setting and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by 1/2, about an hour. Remove onion and basil, discard..
- Season to taste with salt. Allow to cool and store in covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks..
The Best New York-Style Pizza Sauce Recipe. This New York-style pizza sauce recipe simmers on the stove to give you a flavorful and fresh-tasting sauce! It is slightly sweet and bursting with the flavors of tomatoes, garlic, and herbs. New York-style pizza has slices that are large and wide with a thin crust that is foldable yet crispy. It is traditionally topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, with any extra toppings placed on top of the cheese.