Kheer(rice pudding)recipe. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Check Out Recipes On eBay. Heat the milk with the pierced green cardamom pods in a sturdy pan.
Add Basmati rice, and simmer over low heat. Add basmati rice, and simmer over low. Stir in the sultanas, cardamom and rose water, and cook for a few more minutes. You can cook Kheer(rice pudding)recipe using 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kheer(rice pudding)recipe
- You need 1 liter of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almond chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of pistachio chopped.
- You need 1 pinch of cardamom powder.
- It’s of Jelly (red,green).
Spoon into serving bowls, and garnish. Method Empty the milk into a thick-bottomed pan and add the sugar. Heat gently on a low heat. Add the rice to the milk and let.
Kheer(rice pudding)recipe step by step
- Wash the rice well, then soak it in water and leave it for 2 hours.
- Boil 1½ cups of water(300 ml) in a saucepan.measure water exactly.empty all the contents of the packet in boiling water..
- Stir until dissolved,pour the mixture into a plate and allow to set for 30 to 45 minutes at room temperature or cool it in a refrigerator.
- Put milk in a pan and heat it on the meadium flame.
- When the milk starts to boil, add cardamom powder and soaked rice. and cook over medium heat.
- The spoon will keep shaking. If the spoon stops, the milk will stick to the edges of the pan and burn.
- With a spoon, separate the milk from the pan, which sticks to the pan so that it does not burn.
- Now add sugar and keep stirring the spoon.
- Cook until the rice is well cooked.
- When the rice is well cooked and the milk is cooked, it is half left, that is, it thickens.now add dry fruits.
- Now will add almonds, pistachios. mix it.
- Now will add four drops of kewra and turn off the stove.mix it.Now put it in a serving bowl and let it cool..(kewra is optional, if you do not want to add it, do not add).
- Both the pudding and the jelly have cooled down. Now let's decorate it..
- Chop almonds and jelly and decorate to your liking.
- The rice pudding (kheer) is ready to eat..
Make sure that the rice is cooked, but not too mushy. Add the condensed milk slowly to the simmering milk. Lower the heat to medium and add the rice and the ground cardamom seeds. The milk needs the starch from the rice in order to properly thicken. If there isn't enough starch, the pudding will be thin/runny.