Beef Stroganoff. Stir in the garlic and cook gently. Bash with a rolling pin until ½ cm thick, then cut into finger-width slices. Mix the paprika, lemon zest, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper together, and use to dust the beef.
Heat the butter in a large frying pan. A hearty beef stroganoff makes a classic, comforting family supper, with its rich and creamy soured cream sauce and beautifully tender meat. Our quick and easy beef stroganoff recipe uses rump steak for a quick cook and mixed mushrooms for an earthy finish. You can cook Beef Stroganoff using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1/2-3/4 lb of sirloin steak (cut into bite size cubes).
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of ghee (clarified butter).
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped (or 4).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 5 of dried mushrooms, sliced/ripped into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1/3 cup of dry red "grape juice".
- It’s 1 packet of Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix.
- Prepare 4 oz of cream cheese (or neufchatel).
- You need 2 of servings rotini pasta – (salt for water).
Add the stock to the beef, then the mustard and season. A classic beef stroganoff is a wonderful thing. It's creamy, rich, soul-warming fare made from mushrooms, beef, soured cream and a glug of brandy. Try our best-ever recipe for this comforting dish, served with rice and greens.
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- At home: Prep and gather all ingredients into separate baggies, combining onion/garlic, spices, etc..
- At camp: Boil water in JetBoil (or other camp-stove pot) – add salt and pasta – boil till done (a little al dente is preferred).
- Cut beef into bite-sized cubes and add to baggie with flour, shake to coat.
- Strain water into cup/lid and add dried mushrooms and vegetable mix to reconstitute – put pasta aside to keep warm.
- In JetBoil frying pan (or other campstove pan) Sauté onions/garlic/beef in ghee till uniformly brown.
- Stir in pepper/paprika/"grape juice" and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable/mushrooms and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Pull from heat and slice in cream cheese and stir to mix well.
- Serve over pasta – makes two generous servings.
Beef Stroganoff (also spelled Stroganov) is a Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce with sour cream. Heat a large frying pan until hot, then add the oil. Set each batch aside on a plate as it is cooked. Strogranoff has that combination of sour cream and paprika in a sauce that can work with beef, mushrooms or even pork. Try Mary Berry's pork fillet stroganoff or James Martin's speedy classic beef.