chocolate cake roll. Turn cake onto a towel sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, peel off parchment paper and roll cake up with the towel. A nod to the classic childhood favorite, this chocolate cake roll combines light chocolate sponge cake with sweet vanilla whipped cream and chocolate ganache. Rich and totally irresistible, this dessert is for chocolate lovers everywhere.
Now grease and flour the baking paper. (notes) Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Chocolate Cake Roll or Chocolate Roulade, the ultimate dessert for all the chocoholics out there. Super easy to make, and so delicious, you better grab a slice before it's gone. You can cook chocolate cake roll using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of chocolate cake roll
- You need 1/3 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of eggs separated.
- You need 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of confectioner sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilia extract.
- You need 1 cup of sugar divided.
The chocolate sponge is light and moist, while the chocolate filling is rich, luscious and chocolaty. The glaze gives it a nice shine, and extra richness, making it a decadent dessert for any party or celebration. Dust a clean tea cloth with remaining sugar. Turn cake out onto prepared cloth, remove wax paper and trim cake edges.
chocolate cake roll instructions
- preheat oven on 350°F, bake @350°F .line with wax paper on a 15×10 COOKIE PAN..
- in medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt. mix well..
- in a separte bowl, using an using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar untill fluffy..
- in a medium bowl, using a clean beaters, beat egg whites on high until foamy, gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, but not dry, peaks form..
- fold egg whites into yolk mixture, fold in flour mixture, fold well, pour batter in pan, smooth top, bake for 15 minutes..
- when cake is cooled, trim the edges of cake,.
- make whipping cream, put whipping cream in large bowl add confectioner sugar and vanila extract.with electric mixer on high beat until stiff.spread on cooled cake evenly, roll cake the long way.dust with powder sugar..
- to roll dust clean cloth with remaining sugar. turn cake out onto prepared cloth, remove waxed paper .trim the edges of cake.starting with long side, gently roll cake with cloth..
- transfer cake, seamside down, to a wire rack to cool, when the cake is cool, unroll and remove cloth, now spread whipped cream on top and roll back up..
Starting with a long side, tightly roll up cake with cloth. This Chocolate Cake Roll boasts a soft melt-in-your-mouth texture and a luscious cocoa cream filling, best of all, it is SO much easier to make than you'd think. If you're anything like me, you've felt intimated by making cake rolls or swiss rolls. But what better way to overcome a kitchen fear, than to try, try and try again? Mix the eggs and sugar with an electric whisk until it is thick and frothy and it leaves a trail.