Mom's Top Shelf Tartar Sauce. Great recipe for Mom's Top Shelf Tartar Sauce. This is my mom's tartar sauce recipe. Whether she made fresh fish, bought breaded boxed fish fillets, or ordered restaurant take-out fish, she always made the dankest tartar sauce I've ever had.
Slice and dice pickles into tiny pieces. Some people think tartar sauce is no big deal. But I've tasted some pretty darn bad versions (and I have yet to try a store-bought version that tastes good), so here's my favorite: my mom's recipe. You can have Mom's Top Shelf Tartar Sauce using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Top Shelf Tartar Sauce
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Hellmans Mayonaise.
- Prepare 4 dash of cream of tartar.
- You need 1 1/2 of Dill pickle spears.
- Prepare 4 dash of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 dash of Onion powder.
- You need 2 dash of lemon juice.
The most important thing about tartar sauce, in my opinion, is that it be not at all sweet, but savory and rich instead (if you like sweet tartar sauce, this isn't the recipe for you). My Mom whipped up this recipe when she lived on the coast. A must-have for fish and chips, fishcakes and a fish finger sandwich, tartare sauce is a cinch to knock up. The precise answer depends to a large extent on storage conditions – to maximize the shelf life of opened tartar sauce, refrigerate and keep tightly covered at all times.
Mom's Top Shelf Tartar Sauce instructions
- What you will need! (:.
- Slice and dice pickles into tiny pieces.
- Add mayo, diced pickles, onion & garlic powder, cream of tartar, & lemon juice into dipping bowl. Stir very well serve..
- Not much to this recipe, simple & easy, but the blend of ingredients, ESPECIALLY the cream of tartar, TOTALLY make this! Even when I get take out fish, I still make my own tartar 😘 Thanks Mom! xo.
How long does opened tartar sauce last in the refrigerator? Is opened tartar sauce safe to use after the expiration. Mix the mayonnaise, chopped gherkin or cornichons, capers, lemon juice, parsley and tarragon in a bowl and season. Combine the mayonnaise, pickles, lemon juice, capers, dill, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a small bowl and stir until well blended and creamy. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.