Chicken Tandoori. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! This low-fat curried chicken is packed full of flavour.
Pour the marinade onto the chicken and massage into the flesh. Cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge overnight. Tandoori chicken is a lovely Indian chicken recipe which is characterised by the red colouring of the marinade and the creamy yet tangy flavouring of the yogurt. You can cook Chicken Tandoori using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tandoori
- You need of chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare of 1st Marination.
- Prepare of Red chilli powder.
- You need of turmeric powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of lemon juice.
- Prepare of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare of 2nd Marination.
- You need of thick curd (filter the water out if any).
- Prepare of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of cumin powder.
- You need of garam masala.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- It’s of pepper powder.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- It’s of ginger garlic paste.
- You need of curry leaves finely chopped.
- It’s of Salt as required.
- Prepare of oil.
Although I got this recipe from my mum, I would like to credit Madhur Jaffrey (TV cook) with some of these tips as I watched her make this on a show once. Tandoori chicken is best prepared the night before to give the marinade the. Tandoori chicken gets its name from the bell-shaped tandoor clay oven which is also used to make naan, or Indian flatbread. Skinless legs and thighs are marinated in a tenderizing mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, and spices and the meat is slashed to the bone in several places helping the marinade penetrate and the chicken cook more quickly.
Chicken Tandoori instructions
- Wash and pat dry drumstick pieces. Peel the skin off and make slits all over the chicken pieces.
- Marinate with all the ingredients under 1st marination and keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Now add all the ingredients under 2nd marination and keep it aside for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Transfer the pieces to a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle oil. Bake it for 15 – 20 mins on one side and 5 – 10 mins on other side. Keep it in broil for 5 mins. (Make sure it’s not over burnt)..
The chicken gets its characteristic red hue from. This easy oven baked chicken tandoori recipe is packed with flavour. A Classic Indian dish that makes a healthy alternative to a curry. Delicious served with rice or naan bread and a side salad. I make no claims to the authenticity of this recipe but it is a dish we enjoy at home that has a similar flavour to a chicken tandoori take away.