Homemade Teriyaki Sauce. Combine ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. After sauce is simmering, add cornstarch and water mixture, whisking well until sauce thickens.
Remove from heat, and store in an airtight container. Great on salmon, chicken, pork and more. Store in the fridge for up to a week. You can cook Homemade Teriyaki Sauce using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 5 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cold water.
Granulated white sugar is added to taste. Add in the sake, mirin, soy sauce, and sugar. Leave to simmer over medium high heat until it starts to boil. Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan.
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce instructions
- In a sauce pan on medium high add all ingredients except corn starch & 1/4 cup cold water. Stir and bring to a boil..
- In a measuring cup mix 1/4 cold water and corn starch. When ingredients come to a boil slow mix in corn starch mixture. Stir till becomes thick. Enjoy!!.
Heat the sauce until it thickens to your desired thickness. Soy sauce is an ingredient of teriyaki sauce made from a fermented paste of soybeans, roasted grain, brine, and Aspergillus oryzae or Aspergillus sojae molds. It is the consistency of water and considered to contain a strong umami flavor. In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, sugar, water, mirin, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer.