Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. Automated Poultry Processing Systems That Work Best for Your Needs. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo. I start with a some of the sauce, then a layer of tortillas, a layer of sauce, then the shredded chicken, then cheese, then back to the tortillas.
Once softened, sprinkle in flour to thicken the mix and make a roux. Add in diced Hatch green chile, and chicken broth. These quick and easy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are cheesy, creamy and oh-so-delicious. You can have Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt, divided.
- You need 1 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 of small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of reduced fat shredded Monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of plain non-fat Greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 (4 ounce) of cans diced green chilies, drained.
- Prepare 8 (7 inch) of whole wheat flour tortillas.
- You need of For serving: diced fresh tomato, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, as desired.
They are stuffed full of tender chicken, cream cheese and spicy green chilis, slathered in enchilada sauce and finished with melted cheese and all of your favorite toppings. Add the chicken, beans, and green chile. Serve with sour cream and spanish rice. Add in green chiles, lime juice, salt, cumin, chile powder, and cilantro.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x 13 inch casserole dish with baking spray and set aside..
- If you chicken is not yet cooked: Place the chicken breast in a single layer in the bottom or a large pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt, then fill the pan with water, just until it comes 1 inch above the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil over medium high heat. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, then simmer just until the the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees F at its thickest part, about 10-14 minutes depending upon the size. Begin checking the chicken at the 8-minute mark so that it does not over cook. Remove the chicken from the liquid. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred..
- To make the enchiladas: heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and the onions become translucent, about 8-10 minutes..
- to the skillet, add the shredded chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the skillet from the heat and let cool..
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cheese, Greek yogurt and green chilies. Once chicken and veggie mixture has cooled to nearly room temperature, add it to the bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir to coat evenly..
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla with a slightly heaping 1/2 cup of the chicken-yogurt mixture. Roll closed and placed in the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Pour the green enchilada sauce over the top, cover the pan, then bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 additional minutes, until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with desired toppings and enjoy..
These savory Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas start with soft tortillas, loaded with a creamy, cheesy chicken mixture and topped with a green enchilada sauce. These cheesy chicken enchiladas are topped with your favorite enchilada toppings like fresh avocado, diced tomatoes, fresh herbs, or a diced red onion. Pair this hearty meal with a light salad like this kale couscous salad or easy roasted. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish. Corn tortillas stuffed with chicken, cheese, green chile enchilada sauce, sour cream, and green chiles, topped with more sauce and cheese!