Salmon Curry. From big brands to your local favourites, order the Curry food you love on Deliveroo! Domesday Book Of Salmon, Low Prices. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders For the curry, heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the curry paste. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, then add the salmon chunks and beans. You can cook Salmon Curry using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Curry
- It’s of Salmon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1-2 sprigs of curry leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves, chopped or crushed.
- You need 1 of onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder (plus more to sprinkle on salmon).
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder (plus more to sprinkle on salmon).
- You need 1 of +1/4 tsp coriander-cumin powder.
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of tamarind water.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of thin coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander, chopped, for garnish.
Cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Season the curry with the fish sauce and lime juice to taste, discard the lemongrass stalk (if using) and scatter with the coriander. Coat the salmon in the tomato and spinach sauce, taking care not to break up the salmon pieces. Remove the cinnamon stick and check for seasoning.
Salmon Curry instructions
- Pour 1 tbsp oil to pan and heat it..
- Once hot, add the salmon (room temperature) with skin side down..
- Sprinkle salt, turmeric and red chilli powder and cook for 2 min..
- Flip it and sprinkle salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Add curry leaves in the oil (I used dried once, but fresh ones would be better!).
- Fry for 1-2 more minutes. Salmon should be partially cooked, not fully. Remove the salmon and crispy curry leaves from the pan and set aside..
- Now prepare the curry. Pour oil on pan and heat it up..
- Once hot, add mustard seeds. Once they pop, add garlic and curry leaves..
- Saute until the raw garlic smell disappears..
- Now add onions and green chilli and saute until translucent..
- Add tomatoes and cook until the mixture is mushy and oil separates from the sides..
- Add all the dry spices – turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, garam masala, salt – and cook until fragrant..
- Pour 1 cup water and 1/4 cup tamarind water. Curry should thicken slightly, while remaining runny..
- Taste and adjust the salt and tamarind water accordingly..
- Pour 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional) and stir..
- Now place the salmon skin side down and cover and cook until the salmon is fully cooked (the colour should have changed and it should be flaky)..
- Garnish with coriander and rest for ~2 hours. Serve with rice!.
When the oil turns hot, place the salmon with the skin side down. Marinade Salmon in Turmeric, Salt, Chilli and a little oil. Heat oil and add Mustard Seeds and Curry Leaves. Add Onion, Salt, Garlic, Ginger and Green Chilli. For this Indian style salmon Curry recipe, raw mango, potato, bottle gourd, brinjal, drumstick would be the perfect vegetable.