Schweineschnitzel and Zigeunersoße, Gypsy Sauce. Great recipe for Schweineschnitzel and Zigeunersoße, Gypsy Sauce. This hot and spicy tomato-flavored gypsy sauce turns pork cutlets, pork chops or schnitzel into a meal fit for guests. It's not what Americans typically think of as German food, so you'll surprise them if you have asked them to dinner for a German-style dinner party.
The German Zigeuner Sauce is a spicy and classic German sauce that you serve with meat dishes such as Schnitzel or pork chops. It is a classic sauce that is very popular with a Schnitzel which can be breaded or not. The meat can be veal or pork. You can cook Schweineschnitzel and Zigeunersoße, Gypsy Sauce using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Schweineschnitzel and Zigeunersoße, Gypsy Sauce
- You need of large eggs.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of salt for flour.
- Prepare of boneless pork cutlets 4 cutlets.
- It’s of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need of oil to fry in.
- Prepare of Zigeunersoße, Gypsy Sauce, see my recipe.
It is served not only in restaurants. Spicy and sweet, this German restaurant style paprika sauce, or zigeunersosse, is perfect poured over schnitzel, pork chops, chicken breasts, potatoes or rice. Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Serve with home fries or french fries, spatzel,rice or noodles.
Schweineschnitzel and Zigeunersoße, Gypsy Sauce instructions
- Take a cutlet and put between to pieces of plastic wrap. I used a ziploc plastic bag..
- Take a kitchen mallet and beat the cutlets till evenly a 1/4 inch thick..
- Put the eggs in a bowl and beat them..
- Add flour to another container for dredging.
- Same for the breadcrumbs..
- Dredge the cutlet through the flour.
- Dredge next through the eggs.
- Then finally roll in the breadcrumbs..
- Then fry till done. Move to paper towels. Should be crispy but done inside..
- Serve withZigeunersoße I hope you enjoy!.
The most popular variations of Schnitzel is Jägerschnitzel ("hunter schnitzel", served with a rich mushroom gravy), Zigeunerschnitzel ("gypsy schnitzel", served with a zesty bell pepper sauce), and Rahmschnitzel ("cream schnitzel" served with a rich cream sauce). Be sure to also try our recipe for Authentic German Jägerschnitzel! Gipsy Sauce (Zigeunersauce) Be the first to review this recipe. Recipe by -Sylvie-I posted this recipe following a request. I haven't tried it myself yet.