Sabudana kheer. Serve at a dinner party on. Sabudana kheer – Creamy, delicious & thick pudding made with tapioca pearls, milk, sweetener & cardamoms. Sabudana is the hindi name for tapioca pearls & kheer refers to an Indian pudding.
This Sago Pudding is flavored with saffron and cardamom. Here is how to make it. Sabudana kheer is a sweet pudding made with sago, milk and sugar. You can cook Sabudana kheer using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sabudana kheer
- You need of Saabudana :.
- It’s of Milk:0.5cup.
- It’s of Sugar:0.25.
- It’s of Ghee.
- Prepare of Saffron threads.
- It’s of Cashews and raisins.
- You need of custard powder.
It is a popular Indian sweet made on Hindu fasting days. We generally make sabudana kheer during the Navratri Festival or during any of the fasting or vrat days. As it keeps you full for a long time, sabudana is a popular food for fasting days. Sabudana Kheer, or Tapioca pudding, is a sweet made with tapioca pearls and milk.
Sabudana kheer instructions
- Soak saabudana in water for 30+ mins.
- Boil milk and add saabudana. Let it boil till it becomes transparent. Add sugar as well. Also add custard powder soaked in warm milk and mix well.
- Add kesar(saffron) soaked in milk for sometime + cashew, raisins fried in ghee + gasgase (poppy seeds)+ elakki(cardamom). Let it boil for minimum 20 mins..
This kheer is popular during the fasting festive season in India. Kheer is lightly flavored with cardamom and saffron. Made with sago, milk, sugar, and nuts, this pudding is very easy to make. A perfect dessert for every festival. Once the sabudana is cooked, I added sugar, cardamom, nuts and raisins and it was done.