Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Add broth and whisk until smooth. Cream of Chicken Soup – In place of the roux and chicken broth, use a can of cream of chicken soup and mix with the with the enchilada sauce and sour cream. If it's too thick, add a little bit of milk. You can cook Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce
- Prepare 8 each of soft taco size flour tortillas.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded or cubed cooked chicken.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 cup of peeled roasted green chiles, diced.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Continue cooking over medium heat until sauce is thick and bubbly. For the sauce: you basically just make a roux with flour, butter, and chicken stock.
Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix together 1 cup of the cheese and the chicken. Place an equal amount of the chicken mixture into each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased, 9 x 13-inch pan..
- In a skillet or saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in the sour cream and green chiles. Pour sauce over the top of the enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes..
Then you stir in some sour cream, a can of green chiles, and some seasonings. Pour that whole thing on top of these enchiladas and that's it. Slowly pour in broth and whisk until smooth, then heat until sauce thickens and begins to bubble. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chilies. Pour sauce over enchiladas, then top with the rest of the cheese.