Mom’s Rice Pudding. Mom's rice pudding works to serve as part of a breakfast or brunch. It can also be served as a dessert. Directions While rice is cooking, in a large bowl mix sugar, canned milk and eggs.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the Cutco Mix-Stir. Add the rest of the ingredients. My mom has always made her rice pudding with milk and ever since I was a little girl, I've always loved it. You can cook Mom’s Rice Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom’s Rice Pudding
- It’s of Of Rice uncooked,.
- You need of Cook rice according to directions.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of milk (I used Almond).
- You need of heated but do not boil Add more to make creamier if desired.
- It’s of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Nutmeg.
- You need of Raisins.
It's the best I've ever tasted and it gets rave reviews from everyone I serve it to. If desired, sprinkle with nutmeg, cinnamon or simply garnish with fresh berries. This Baked Rice Pudding is an old-fashioned recipe from mom's card file. This thick, creamy dessert is easy to make.
Mom’s Rice Pudding instructions
- I use Jasmine rice cooked according to Directions. Place rice in a large bowl..
- In a seperate bowl, add milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, (Salt..if needed).
- Slowly add rice and raisin 1/4 cup at a time. Stir gently to mix and blend until all ingredients are blended..
- I like mine after being chilled for 4-24 hours. All flavors’ have blended and made a dessert that brings back so many memories.
- I have also made this great recipe with canned coconut milk. (shake well before opening). Use the same amount of each ingredient..
- Adjust to your taste. I do not add coconut flakes but that is an option you may want.
It has a sweet dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg (or both!) and optional addition of raisins. Nothing says comfort more than a warm, cinnamon custard aroma wafting from Mom's kitchen. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg; pour over rice. Place all the ingredients into an ovenproof dish, stir and place in the oven. Once the pudding has got a lovely brown skin formed its ready to serve.