Rice pudding – riz bi haleeb. Riz bi Haleeb, which is Arabic for "Rice Pudding," is similar to a traditional rice pudding, but with a delicious Lebanese spin on it. This rice pudding is flavored with orange blossom water and rose water, giving it wonderful sweet flavor and aromatic hints of floral. It's served as dessert and even as breakfast and snack.
Lebanese Style Riz B Haleeb Recipe is a Middle Eastern rice pudding recipe with added goodness of crunchy pistachios and flavoured with orange blossom water giving the rice pudding a fresh aroma. Lebanese Style Riz B Haleeb Recipe is a Rice Pudding With Pistachios. Lebanese Rice Pudding – Riz bi Haleeb Orange blossom water is a flavoring syrup made by distilling flowers from orange trees and is generally added to many Arabic/Turkish/Lebanese desserts. You can cook Rice pudding – riz bi haleeb using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice pudding – riz bi haleeb
- Prepare 5 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of mastic gum, crushed with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
It can be typically found in Middle Eastern grocery stores or can be purchased online. Beirut & Riz Bi Haleeb- Rice Pudding with Mastic & Orange Flower Blossom I always love a really good Lebanese rice pudding. It is so easy to make and a blend of some of my favorite flavors. This one in particular has one I don't get to use so often; mastic gum.
Rice pudding – riz bi haleeb instructions
- In a non-sticky or stainless steel pot, put the milk and rice with ½ cup water and a dash of salt. Put on medium heat and stir until the mixture thickens..
- While continuously stirring, add sugar and the dissolved cornstarch..
- After 5 min, turn the heat off; add the rose water, orange blossom water and mastic gum..
- Pour in serving cups and leave them to cool. Put the rice pudding in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hr before serving..
- You can serve plain or with jam next to it..
RIZ BI HALEEB Middle Eastern Rice Pudding! Rice Pudding Vegan (Riz Bi Haleeb) Riz Bi Haleeb is a fragrant Lebanese rice pudding. This rice pudding is vegan using almond milk, sweetened with rice malt syrup and is flavoured with orange blossom water. Riz bi haleeb, a Middle Eastern rice pudding flavored with orange blossom and sometimes rose water, has a distinct consistency slightly different than a classic custard-like pudding. It is lighter, with an almost gelatinous consistency, but extremely creamy and smooth.