Chicken Rolls (mosakhan). Musakhan is traditionally made with sumac-seasoned chicken, sat on top of a type of flatbread known as tabun: however, a modern variation has seen that evolve so it is now also available in rolls. In a pot, add chicken and spices (except for sumac) and bring to a boil. While the chicken boils, slice up the onions, and in another pot add them in with the olive oil and cook on medium heat until translucent.
Peel onions, cut in half and chop into crescents. Take a big pan and add a generous splash of Noor Oil and sauté onions till they start changing color, lower the heat and leave them to cook. When you see the onions have just gotten juicy, add your salt and pepper to season. You can cook Chicken Rolls (mosakhan) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Rolls (mosakhan)
- Prepare of skinless chicken breasts.
- You need of onions.
- It’s of big spoons olive oil.
- Prepare of big spoons sumac.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of Marqouk (thin bread or pita bread if not available).
Boil the chicken breast with bay leaf, a lemon slice, cumin, and black papper. Slice the onions and the chicken into thin slices. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Use whatever bread you have on hand for this recipe, such as pita bread, toritllas, naan bread or Greek pita.
Chicken Rolls (mosakhan) instructions
- Boil the chicken breast with bay leaf, a lemon slice, cumin, and black papper..
- Slice the onions and the chicken into thin slices..
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, sumac, salt, and pepper; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Until the onions get transparent. Then add the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes..
- Cut the marqouk or pita bread into triangle. Rub olive oil on the bread, then add the chicken and roll it..
- Mix the flour with water, and use it to stick the endings..
- Put it in an oven tray, and rub each piece with olive oil. Then put in the oven for 5 minutes..
If the bread of your choice is too thick to roll, you can simply late it flat and add the chicken mixture on top like a flatbread; For an even faster preparation, you can use leftover rotisserie chicken SUMAC CHICKEN ROLLS: MUSAKHAN CHICKEN RECIPE. Share; Tweet; Pin; Print the tahini sauce recipe HERE. SUMAC CHICKEN ROLLS: MUSAKHAN CHICKEN RECIPE. Mix well to combine, then spread out on a parchment-lined baking tray. Roast until the chicken is cooked through.