Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas. The salsa already has garlic added, but I love the extra. It's the sour cream that makes the sauce so creamy. Heat a saucepan to medium high and add a tablespoon of oil.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Once all your filling is used up, top the rolled tortillas with the salsa verde and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Spoon ½ cup salsa verde into the bottom of the dish. You can cook Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- It’s 12 of medium size flour tortillas.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 2 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 pound of cooked chicken.
- It’s of cumin powder.
- Prepare of taco seasoning.
- It’s 32 oz of salsa Verde.
- You need 1 of small can chopped green chilies.
- You need of shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
Spoon into the center of each tortilla, roll up, place seem side down in the baking dish. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, then chicken broth. Stir in sour cream and salsa verde; cook until heated through.
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Saute garlic in oil.
- Add salsa and heat through.
- Add sour cream and cilantro and green chilies. Save some sauce to drizzle over enchiladas..
- Season chicken with taco seasoning and cumin and saute in pan.
- Add chicken to salsa mixture and stir.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken into each tortilla and place in baking dish folded side down.
- Repeat until dish is full.
- Drizzle with sauce and top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Assemble your enchiladas: Heat the tortillas in the microwave, and then brush them on each side with olive oil. This keeps them from breaking when you roll them. Fill each with a sprinkle of shredded cheese, chicken, and about a Tbsp of each kind of salsa. These Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas are simple and delicious and I really just love the flavor. From the simple homemade sauce with the salsa verde mixed in, and then the kick of the pepper jack cheese all melty and brown on top.