Simple Salsa Verde Chicken Enchilladas. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Fees & T&Cs apply. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo. These green chicken enchiladas with salsa verde, chicken, sour cream, cheese and cilantro are simple to make.
Roll up and place, seam side down, in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken. Shred chicken meat, toss with salsa verde: Remove the cooked chicken meat from the bones (if using bone-in thighs). You can cook Simple Salsa Verde Chicken Enchilladas using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Salsa Verde Chicken Enchilladas
- Prepare of jar of salsa verde ( I used herdez).
- You need of Yellow Corn tortillas.
- You need of of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- You need of Diced onion purple onion.
- You need of Chopped cilantro.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of Cumin to taste.
- It’s of Garlic salt to taste.
- You need of Shredded rotisserie chicken or any precooked chicken you have.
Shred the meat with a fork or knife. I am telling you, these green chicken enchiladas are super easy peasy. Just add a layer of salsa verde to a baking dish. Then, add the rolled tortillas — which contain mixture of your cooked chicken and salsa verde.
Simple Salsa Verde Chicken Enchilladas instructions
- Start by adding your oil to a large skillet once heated add in about 2tbsp of diced onions and add a pinch of cumin and some garlic salt to taste cook down till onions are tender, now add in your salsa verde and lower heat cook for about 10 minutes..
- Now Shred your warmed chicken add your diced onion and cilantro to a large bowl(reserve a little onion, cilantro for topping) set aside.
- Now heat your tortillas on a griddle or in the microwave optional, once heated set in a warm towel now we can assemble.
- Dip tortillas into sauce add to a baking sheet, add in your chicken filling and cheese and roll continue till you have your desired amount. Now top with a little more cheese and cover with foil bake 350 for 15 minutes or so till cheese is melted. Before you plate I top with warmed reserved salsa verde, onions, & cilantro.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shredded chicken and a jar of Salsa Verde sauce. Prepare the enchilada sauce: In a large bowl, combine the salsa verde and sour cream or Greek yogurt. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, then chicken broth.