Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker. Read customer reviews & Find best sellers. Check Out Rice Soup Cooker on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. This easy soup that uses mostly pantry ingredients is a perfect dinner for any day of the week, and no matter what the weather is like at your house I promise this soup will taste great! You can have Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker
- It’s of Black Bean Soup:.
- It’s 2 cans (15 oz.) of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- You need 1 cup of salsa (whatever kind).
- It’s 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground coriander, pepper.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- It’s of Rice:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of unsalted vegetable broth.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Black Bean and Rice Soup: black beans with liquid; petite diced tomatoes Instructions to make Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker: Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. Turn cooker on high and add rice. Instructions: Rinse the beans and add them to the slow cooker.
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
If you want to soak the beans overnight, you can, but. Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, ham hock, onion, jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, and pepper. Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. Return pureed soup back into the slow cooker to thicken the soup. If you want meat in this soup, you could add shredded chicken to it.