Momma's Rice Pudding. In the meantime, heat milk and butter on low until butter has melted. In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients except rice, raisins and pecans. Add in rice and stir lightly with a fork.
It will look like a lot of milk but it isn't too much. If you want raisins and cinnamon stir it in now. I never put them in as my family prefers it without. You can cook Momma's Rice Pudding using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Momma's Rice Pudding
- Prepare of left over cooked rice.
- It’s of butter or marg.
- You need of cinnamon.
- You need of nutmeg.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of or to taste, granulated sugar.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of raisins.
Dot the top of the ingredients with. You don't want scrambled eggs in your rice pudding. Mix well and return the pudding/egg mixture to the pudding. Rice pudding is just one of those delicious southern desserts that your mom and grandmother used to make.
Momma's Rice Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Butter bottom and sides of 8×8 glass baking dish well..
- In separate bowl put rice and raisins and mix well. Add in spices and mix well again..
- Put rice mix in baking dish. Dont press down too hard..
- Beat eggs well then add sugar and beat again to incorporate, then add milk and beat again to mixe thoroughly. Gently pour over rice mix in baking dish..
- Add a couple of small dabs of butter on the top of rice mix. Put lid on baking dish and place in oven to bake for about an hour..
- Take lid off of dish and continue to bake til top gets deep golden and slightly crispy. About 15-20 minutes more..
- Cool slightly and serve plain, with whipped cream, ice cream, or carmel sauce!! Wonderful!!!.
- This is more like a custard sauce, but if you want it creamier, take out one or two eggs..
Who can resist all that creamy, vanilla-scented goodness, it's just so satisfying. This recipe is the only rice pudding recipe that I make. I've been making it for years and it turns out perfect creamy every time. Spray oven proof casserole dish with Pam. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg; pour over.