Brad's crab and shrimp enchiladas. Let them cook until onion starts to brown. Remove half of mixture and add it to the crab meat. These crab and shrimp stuffed enchiladas taste like the ones served at a popular Mexican restaurant in my area.
In the middle of each tortilla place equal amounts of cheese, crab, and shrimp. Add butter to a large skillet, add onions, and sauté onions until translucent. Remove the skillet from heat, add crabmeat and shrimp, and add half of shredded cheese, stir well. You can have Brad's crab and shrimp enchiladas using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's crab and shrimp enchiladas
- Prepare of dungeness crab, deshelled.
- You need of bay shrimp.
- It’s of 10" flour tortillas.
- You need of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
- Prepare of LG sweet onion, chopped.
- It’s of poblono peppers, seeded chopped.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of flour.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- You need of cumin.
- It’s of chili powder.
- Prepare of white pepper.
- You need of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need of white wine.
- It’s of cilantro, chopped.
- You need of limes.
- You need of Roasted chiles.
Shrimp and Crab Enchiladas are the perfect balance of the fabulous seafood flavors of jumbo succulent shrimp and decadent lump Crab with all the Mexican flavors wrapped in a deliciously complex Red Enchilada sauce and voted as one of the best comfort foods for dinner by family and friends alike. How can you go wrong with a recipe that gets voted best comfort food by your friends and family? Pour half of sauce on the bottom of baking dish and spread evenly. Roll tortilla and lay seam side down on baking dish.
Brad's crab and shrimp enchiladas instructions
- Mix crab meat, shrimp, and 1 cup shredded mozzarella in a LG bowl.
- In a fry pan, heat I tbs oil. Saute onion and peppers. Let them cook until onion starts to brown..
- Remove half of mixture and add it to the crab meat. Mix well..
- Deglaze pan with wine. Let reduce almost completely..
- Add butter and garlic to the pan. Let butter melt. Add flour and spices. Mix well. Let fry for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add 1/2 cup chopped cilantro. Slowly add milk and cream. Stirring constantly until sauce is thick and creamy..
- Meanwhile, wrap crab Mix in tortillas. Place in a large baking dish. Or two if small..
- Pour sauce evenly over wrapped tortillas.
- Spread remaining cheese over the top..
- Bake at 375 until cheese is a golden brown.
- Garnish with lime wedges, cilantro, and roasted chiles. Serve with rice and beans..
In a medium bowl, stir together beans, crab, shrimp, ¼ c. salsa, ½ c. cheese, and sour cream. Spoon about ⅓ c. of this filling down the center of each tortilla, fold sides to the middle to cover filling, and place rolled enchiladas seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Enchiladas should fit tightly together in the pan. Place cheese, crab, and shrimp in the middle of each (ration the ingredients so each tortilla will contain an equal amount) Make sure to set aside some cheese to sprinkle on top of the tortillas. Roll the tortillas so that the seafood, cheese mixture is held securely inside.