[Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! [Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi cookpad.japan. I heard that a certain well known restaurant has a chicken chirashi sushi on their menu.
Remove the stems from the shiitake mushrooms and slice thinly. Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces. Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays. You can cook [Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of [Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi
- You need of cooked White rice.
- You need of cm long piece Kombu.
- You need of to 100 ml Sushi vinegar (＊refer below).
- It’s of Cooked kanpyo gourd strips (refer below).
- You need of Snap peas or mangetout (boiled in salted water and sliced thinly).
- You need of Shredded nori seaweed.
- It’s of [A].
- You need of Cooked and chopped bamboo shoots.
- You need of Carrot.
- You need of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s of [B].
- Prepare of Japanese dashi stock.
- It’s of Soy sauce, mirin.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of [C].
- Prepare of Shrimp.
- It’s of Lotus root.
- It’s of [Kinshi tamago (finely shredded thin omelet)] *Mix ingredients well, pan fry thinly and shred into thin strips..
- It’s of Eggs (well beaten).
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Katakuriko.
This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. Prepare the toppings of your choice, scatter them on sushi rice, and voila! My Scattered Sushi toppings are easy to prepare or can be made ahead. Ingredients are sliced or cut into small pieces, then scattered over the.
[Farmhouse Recipe] Chirashi Sushi instructions
- Preparation for [A]: Shred the carrots into 2 cm long strips. Discard the stiff roots of the hydrated shiitake mushrooms and chop thinly. Also chop the bamboo shoots in the same way..
- Put the prepped [A] and [B] in a pot and simmer until the liquid is reduced. Rest to cool. Chop the kampyo gourd strips thinly..
- Preparation for [C]: Briefly cook the shrimp in boiling water with a small amount of sake. Peel the shell and chop in half. Peel the skin off the lotus root and boil, then slice into quarter-rounds..
- Soak the prepped [C] into sushi vinegar while it's hot, and remove the shrimp after 10 minutes. (Leave the lotus roots to soak.).
- Cook rice combined with kombu seaweed with slightly less water than usual. When cooked, remove the seaweed..
- While the rice is hot, combine the sushi vinegar with lotus roots in Step 4 (with the shrimp removed). Mix everything together while cooling it off with a fan..
- Combine with the mixed ingredients in Step 2 and arrange on a dish. Make sure to mix lightly in cutting motions, while cooling it off with a fan. Try not to knead the grains together..
- Top with the shrimp (that were soaked in sushi vinegar and then removed), kinshi tamago, and peas to finish. Also top with shredded nori seaweed to your liking..
- [Homemade Sushi Vinegar] Very useful to have in stock..
- [Cooked Kanpyo Gourd Strips] These can be frozen for storage. They're great in this chirashi sushi. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149729-farmhouse-recipe-stewed-kampyo.
- About the [B] ingredients: you can substitute the "200 ml of Japanese dashi stock + 1.5 tablespoon soy sauce and mirin" with "200 ml of water + 3 tablespoons of multi-purpose dashi soy sauce"..
Chirashi Sushi is a very easy type of sushi and does not involve any raw fish. It's a perfect dish for big family gatherings and potluck parties! If you want a quick short cut version, I also share this Chirashi Sushi recipe using Chirashi Sushi Mix. You can purchase a sushi bowl called Hangiri (or Sushi Oke) on Amazon. Make delicious and healthy sushi without the fuss using this chirashi sushi recipe.