Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green. Get just the right utensils for the job. Free UK delivery on eligible orders Looking For Red&green? We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Way before I met my Phoenix native husband that dislikes red enchilada sauce. My original recipe was for red sauce, but I dug this out this weekend and made with green. Roll mixture into tortillas and arrange in a baking dish. You can have Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green
- You need 2 of large chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 C of cooked rice.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1/2 pint of sour cream.
- You need 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Tortillas.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbs of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbs of parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of FOR RED SAUCE – 15 oz tomato sauce & can of red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare of FOR GREEN SAUCE -large can green enchilada sauce 28-32oz.
Cover with the remaining green sauce or red sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour remaining red enchilada sauce over top the top half of the enchiladas. Pour remaining green enchilada sauce over the bottom half.
Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green instructions
- Cook chicken in crockpot seasoned with salt and covered with water. Can cook overnight on low or on high about 3 hours.
- Cook rice.
- Once chicken is done take out and wipe off fat and skin with a paper towel. Shred with a fork or in a blender. Don't shred too fine..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet. Add in onion, garlic, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook 1-2 mins.
- Add in chicken, rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper. Stir to combine until cheese melts.
- Stir in tomato sauce if making red, or 2 cups of green sauce if making green and the salt stirring to combine..
- Roll mixture into tortillas and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with the remaining green sauce or red sauce. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 20 mins.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce or diced tomatoes if desired.
In a large skillet, griddle or comal, toast the tomatillos over medium heat, until soft and slightly browned. Transfer to a blender or food processor. Green & Red Shredded Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas. Pour remaining red enchilada sauce over top the top half of the enchiladas. Pour remaining green enchilada sauce over the bottom half.