Spicy Jalapeño Hummus. Homemade spicy hummus, made with jalapeno peppers, is a flavorful twist on traditional hummus and tastes better than store-bought versions. Place chickpeas, tahini paste, roasted garlic, seeded jalapeños, chopped cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and salt into the processor. Season with cumin, curry powder, and crushed red pepper.
It's easy to make and easier to eat with vegetables or pita bread. In a blender or food processor, mix the chickpeas, jalapeños, tahini, garlic and lemon juice. Season with cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. You can cook Spicy Jalapeño Hummus using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Jalapeño Hummus
- Prepare of can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- It’s of Red hot wings sauce.
- Prepare of jalapeños, chopped.
- It’s of plus 1 table spoon tahini (Sesame paste).
- It’s of Garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of (Optional) 1 loaf pita bread.
Blend, adding reserved jalapeño juice as needed. Spicy Roasted Jalapeño Hummusis simple and savory! This creamy dip comes together with chickpeas, roasted jalapeños, aquafaba, garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, and salt. This hummus is spicy, fluffy, garlicky, and totally addicting!
Spicy Jalapeño Hummus step by step
- And the chickpeas into a food processor..
- Then add the garlic, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt..
- Add jalapeños, hot sauce, and tahini..
- Pulse until the mixture is smooth and combined. Add up to 1/2 of water if not right texture..
- Place on pita bread if desired..
It's also super versatile and perfect for those of us with food allergies or intolerances. Place garlic cloves with skin still on and whole jalapeños on a baking sheet. If the garlic cloves get too roasty-looking, take them out. That's an Avocado Hummus and Cucumber Pico de Gallo Tostada that has the potential to turn even the mightiest of carnivores into a vegan. (Recipe here.) But it's worth starting simple and getting a feel for the avocado hummus first. Even a single chip can be a worthy partner.