Caprese-Style Salad with Tomato & Drained Tofu. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Season to taste with pepper and marinate while you prepare tomatoes.
Try a different variety of tomato. In fact, any fresh ripe tomato would be perfect. Put on a lined baking tray and stuff with the mozzarella slices, plus the basil leaves. You can have Caprese-Style Salad with Tomato & Drained Tofu using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caprese-Style Salad with Tomato & Drained Tofu
- It’s 1 block of Silken tofu.
- It’s 1 of Tomato.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt for draining the tofu.
- You need 1 of to serve Watercress, shiso leaves, basil, cucumber, mizuna greens etc..
Slice both the tomatoes and bocconcini balls in half and add to a bowl. Add fresh basil leaves and fresh mint leaves to the same bowl and toss lightly to combine. Add garlic infused olive oil, lemon juice, and salt & pepper to taste – serve immediately. My top tips for making this fresh mozzarella salad Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad.
Caprese-Style Salad with Tomato & Drained Tofu step by step
- [Draining the tofu] Take the tofu out of the pack. Cover your hands in 1 teaspoon salt and hold the tofu, thoroughly coating it with the salt in your hands..
- Wrap the tofu in 2 layers of thick kitchen paper, place it in a plastic container, and put the plastic container in the fridge Please turn the container over every now again and change the paper..
- After 12-24 hours you should be left with dense, well-drained tofu It's like Japanese-style cheese..
- [Serving] Give the tofu a quick rinse and pat away the moisture with kitchen paper Cut it into 1 cm slices and alternate it with 1 cm thick tomato slices on a plate as in the picture Season it how you like..
- [How to eat] Try it with wasabi and soy sauce Or olive oil, salt, basil, and black pepper With Japanese dressing as well However you like..
Better balance of tomato and mozzarella in each bite! Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick griddle (or large skillet) over high heat until a drop of water sizzles on contact. Caprese – Style Pasta Salad. farfalle pasta mixed with pesto, bocconcini, oven dried tomatoes and fresh basil. Grilled Zucchini and Caprese Salad. this is a nice twist to a traditional caprese salad – griddled zucchini and a rocket salsa.