Bone-in Prime rib with red chard, and mini golden potatoes. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! First off, wash your roast and pat dry.
Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, bone-in prime rib with red chard, and mini golden potatoes. One of my favorites food recipes. Serve warm with sour cream or all by themselves and enjoy! You can have Bone-in Prime rib with red chard, and mini golden potatoes using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bone-in Prime rib with red chard, and mini golden potatoes
- It’s 4 lb of Bone in Ribeye.
- Prepare 2 lb of golden mini potatoes, fingerlings are just as creamy.
- Prepare 1 bunch of red shard, rainbow or swiss will work as well.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms. i prefer creminis.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plus 4 tbs of butter softened.
- Prepare of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- Prepare of fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need of heres what your going to need pan wise.
- You need 2 of large saute pans.
- Prepare 1 of deep roasting pan with wire rack.
- It’s 1 of medium sized pot.
- Prepare of large mixing bowl.
- You need of food processor.
- It’s 1 bunch of Rosemary.
- You need 1 bunch of Thyme.
While many holiday tables feature Turkey and Ham, a Prime Rib Roast makes a great main dish alternative. And it's the perfect accompaniment to your. Roast to desired doneness, following the chart below for the perfect bone-in prime rib cooking time. Remember, your roast will continue to warm after removing it from the oven.
Bone-in Prime rib with red chard, and mini golden potatoes step by step
- First off, wash your roast and pat dry. Let sit out for 2 hours before doing anything to it. In the meantime, lets get the compound butter ready..
- Place rosemary and thyme leaves. Add 3 cloves of garlic and about 1 tsp of cracked pepper. Pulse your processor until herbes have become fine and garlic coarse. Add 1/4 cup of softened butter (1 stick) cover and let it sit out until the 2 hours is up for resting the meat. Now its time to get messy. *please refrain from using margarine, i have found an unpleasant flavor from using it..
- Smear butter compound over whole roast. Its gonna look damn sexy!! Now you should preheat the oven to 500°. Once the oven chime goes off, let the oven remain closed for 15 minutes longer.
- Place roast in overn at 500 and set timer for 20 minutes. Leave it alone. Dont open the door..
- Once timer goes off, turn your stove down to 325° and set your timer for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove chard leaves from thick stems and chop roughly. Place in mixing bowl and cover in water. Mix the leaves removing the dirt from the leaves. You may want to change the water one time to really get all the dirt out..
- Boil potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until a fork pierces potatoes easily and drain. Toss with 1 tbsp of butter while still hot, salt and pepper..
- Dont open the oven door ever. That means you!!! Its tempting, but wipe the drool from your chin..
- When the timer goes off on your roast, remove from oven andd place on pot holders, cover entire steak with aluminum foil, and let rest for 15 minutes. Time it again..
- Heat oil in saute pan and add mushrooms, garlic, and 1 tbsp of butter, place chard in pan and cover. Cook until wilted down..
- Almost time to eat!!!!.
- Slice bones off prime rib, save for stock if you want. Slice prime rib into as many servings as you want..
We included our Amazon affiliate links below for tools to make prime prime. How to Carve and Tie Prime Rib Roast: Pre-cutting the bones away is completely optional but. Drain when softened hold in pot to preserve heat. Meanwhile, place half and half and butter into small sauce pan over low heat. So, our butcher was kind enough to trim the ribs off our roast.