Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken. Season the chicken with salt, smoked paprika and chili powder. Add the salsa, chicken stock to the crockpot and mix well. Add the chicken breast and nestle in the sauce.
Stir to combine, making sure the chicken thighs are coated and submerged in the liquid. Don't worry if the chicken isn't totally submerged in salsa; the liquid will increase as it cooks. Use a fork to shred the chicken (it should do so easily). You can have Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Prepare of chicken breasts.
- It’s of can rotel tomatoes.
- Prepare of can chick peas.
- You need of taco seasoning.
Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken is a creamy, easy dump meal that's super family friendly. This slow cooker shredded Mexican chicken is easy to make and jam-packed with flavor! Just dump the ingredients in the crockpot, and in hours have juicy, creamy and tender chicken perfect for tacos, burritos, or salads. Even before I was juggling two under two, I was a big fan of simple and easy.
Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken step by step
- Combine ingredients, stir and cook on low for 5-6 hours. I like to wait to add chickpeas for the last two hours. Shred chicken and enjoy!.
- I like to serve on a bed of spaghetti squash for a healthy meal. Top with salsa, guacamole, cheese, cilantro, corn and sour cream..
Combine the chicken breasts, salsa, and taco seasoning in the slow cooker. Add a few good pinches of salt if your taco seasoning does not include it. Load your Slow Cooker – Add your chicken breasts to the bottom of the pan, followed by the other ingredients. Shred the chicken – Remove the chicken and shred. Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken Slow.